Lovely to meet you!
Just a short description of myself – I am kind, fun (a bit goofy at times!) and very enthusiastic about my work and all the different, amazing people I get to meet.
The way I work: Before I even start thinking of the light, ideal locations and which lens to choose, I focus on the people in front of me. I am a total people’s person and have learnt that those magic moments are only captured once you have succeeded in winning over your clients’ trust. I also firmly believe that the photographer’s energy will reflect in the clients’ response to being photographed. I think my easygoing, kind natured and spontaneous personality are my working method’s best assets.
I would describe my style as follows: Romantic and soft, but at the same time fun and relaxed; artistic but natural (not necessarily too posed, dramatic, minimalistic or serious). My work is mostly bright and light, but being an artist and trained Graphic Designer I am able to apply my skills (both shooting and editing skills) to suit more than one ‘look’ (for example I am a real nostalgic so I love more muted, vintage/nostalgic looks as well). My main aim at each wedding is to capture real emotion and those moments that are an honest reflection of the clients’s unique personalities. Although shooting documentary style is very important to me as this approach ensures that the uniqueness of every shoot shines through, I am also very fond of beautiful styled portrait photos – doing the bridal shoot is probably my favourite aspect of a wedding day!
A few personal details:
* I am based in Stellenbosch – a picturesque Winelands town in the Western Cape, South Africa
* I have been a part time photographer since 2007 and full time since 2009 (I started out as a Graphic designer before turning to photography full time).
* I got married to Francois Kapp (Kappie) in January 2010 in the lovely Overberg region.
* We have a cute boxer dog, Clara, since 2012, an adorable little boy, Johnny (born on the 20th of March 2014) and the latest addition to our family – a beautiful little girl, Nia (born on the 12th of July 2016).
* A few random facts about me: I love reading – anything from wedding and lifestyle blogs to magazines and historical novels. I have a wide range of interests – Pinning across the web (oh, I love pinterest!); Watching rugby; Camping and traveling; Loosing myself in quaint little interior shops; Cooking (I simply love cooking – especially trying out new low carb recipes); Snorkeling; Pilates and spinning; Blue is my favourite colour; One of my dreams is to speak French and live in the south of France for a year or two; My favourite place on earth is the small coastal town of de Kelders close to Gansbaai in the Overberg.
What is in my bag?
Canon 5D mark iv body
Canon 5D mark iii body
Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8 L ii USM lens
Canon EF 85mm f1.8 USM lens
Canon EF 100mm f2.8 macro USM lens
Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 IS lens
Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art lens
3 x Canon flashes
Complete the ‘Contact me’ form if you are interested in booking me so that I can send you detailed information.
Banner photos: Cheryl McEwan Photography